I'll be the first to admit that I have a HUGE sweet tooth, but over the past few years I've cut my sugar intake significantly and have been replacing my crazy comfort junk food fixes with more raw or vegan desserts with real ingredients. One of my favorite treats to make is homemade chocolate so I thought I'd share this tasty recipe with you!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cacao butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 cups cacao powder
- Wandering Lemurian Herbs magic (wildflower) sprinkles, goji berries, sea salt, bee pollen, cacao nibs, mulberries, hemp seeds, etc for toppings. And if you want to get really decadent, peanut butter for dipping
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler over low heat ( I use a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water, just make sure the bottom of the bowl isn't touching the water). You should have about 1 cup of liquid
- Whisk in your sweetener of choice
- Sift in the cacao powder (this insures that you don't get lumps in your chocolate) and whisk until incorporated
- Once the cacao powder is incorporated, dab spoonfuls of the chocolate on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
- I placed mine in the freezer so they would harden quicker, but they should harden at room temperature
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!